is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) Earth Ways’Crowdfunding platform
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
a. information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation.
b. information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of goods or services.
c. information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us.
d. Your email address – this is not displayed publicly on Earth Ways Crowdfunding Platform. We use your email address information for the following purposes
- to manage and communicate with you about your access to, or use of, Earth Ways Crowdfunding Platform, as well as to inform you of updates to your account;
- if you choose to support a project, we provide your e-mail address to the creator of the project to enable you to have direct discussions with them about the project; and your shipping address if you have filled that in, so that the creator of the project knows where to post things to.
- to send you e-alerts when there is activity on a project that you have created, are supporting or are watching;
- to send you newsletters from time to time containing news regarding activity and content on Earth Ways Crowdfunding Platform, unless you indicate that you do not wish to receive these emails at the time you enter your details on the registration page for Earth Ways Crowdfunding Platform If you wish to stop receiving these newsletters, or e-alerts, you can do so at any time, by following the instructions in ‘Editing your settings and unsubscribing from Earth Ways Crowdfunding Platform emails’;
- ask you about your Earth Ways Crowdfunding Platform successes (e.g. if you successfully completed a Project).
- reply to any correspondence you send to us; and for any other reasonable purposes related to Earth Ways Crowdfunding Platform or your membership.
e. Your name. This is not displayed publicly on the Earth Ways Crowdfunding Platform, unless you choose to use your name, rather than a username, when you support a Project.
f. Your username – we ask you to provide a username by which you can be identified publicly. Please note that your username should not feature your last name or contain any other personal information that could be used to identify you (e.g. your address). If your username with Facebook (or any other third party authentication provider) contains personal information, we recommend you do not use such third party facilities to link to Earth Ways Crowdfunding Platform and instead create a Earth Ways Crowdfunding Platform account in the standard way. We reserve the right to reject usernames that are offensive, defamatory or which we otherwise think are unsuitable. If the project you choose to support is successful in reaching its target funding within the target timescale, then we will provide your username and email address to the Project creator so that they can contact you to arrange for your reward.
g. Your postcode – Your postcode will not be disclosed to the public, except in the circumstances noted in the first paragraph below. We use your postcode:
- if you are a Project creator, to identify the location on the Earth Ways Crowdfunding Platform map in which your project is taking place, in order for Community Members to search for projects near a postcode; and
- to provide you with information (including content and projects) that you might find interesting based on your location, (e.g. projects local to you).
h. Any personal information you choose to include in your ‘My Profile’ page (e.g. your photo). We use this information:
- to populate your profile. You photo is viewable by other users, where for example, you choose to support a Project. No other information in your profile is made publicly available by us; and
- to facilitate interaction between Community Members.
- Authentication providers
If you choose to create a Earth Ways Crowdfunding Platform account using Facebook Connect (or any other authentication provider), we are provided with profile and photo data about you through their application programming interface (API). We use this to create your account, allow you to interact with Earth Ways Crowdfunding Platform and in some instances to identify you publicly on Earth Ways Crowdfunding Platform. For example, if you choose to support a Project, the photo from your Facebook profile will then be viewable by other users. By clicking on the authentication providers’ link, you are consenting to share this information with us.
i. Any other personal information you choose to disclose during your use of Earth Ways Crowdfunding Platform. Examples include when you update your profile, list a news item, post a guide, make a comment, upload a photo, share a link, create a Project, send someone a message or otherwise engage in the Earth Ways Crowdfunding community. This information is viewable by other users. We use this information to:
- enable you to engage more fully with the Earth Ways Crowdfunding community;
- enable other members to search for you and communicate with you; and
- enable other members to provide you with feedback.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your money transactions to projects on this website, your IP address, your donation history (if there is any) etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Information from our partners
We do not gather any information from trusted partners.
Publicly available information
We do not gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- we may display some information that is publicly available on Earth Ways Crowdfunding Platform, on third party websites that are closely connected to the Earth Ways Crowdfunding Platform project and wish to embed Earth Ways Crowdfunding Platform activity. So, by way of example, user generated content such as titles of users’ posts on Earth Ways Crowdfunding Platform groups would be displayed on such third party sites with a link back to Earth Ways Crowdfunding Platform. To the extent that usernames or personal information is included in that user generated content on Earth Ways Crowdfunding Platform, it may be displayed on such third party sites. So for example if a listing included a username or a member’s photo, that information may also be displayed on the third party website. Just to be clear, this information will be embedded on any such third party website as a link. We will not hand over that information to the third party website;
- we may display some information that is publicly available on Earth Ways Crowdfunding Platform in the regular newsletters that are emailed to all registered users on the Earth Ways Crowdfunding Platform mailing list.
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
- If you create a project on our website, to allow (potential) donors and buyers to identify you.
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers* (from us or our carefully selected projects);
- to administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you projects that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behaviour to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but not longer than ten years.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is only provided to projects that you engage with, in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience.
We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
Personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. We use professional firewall and anti-hacking software. We have selected a high quality server host who uses top notch security. All electronic transactions entered into via the website will be protected by encryption technology. However, that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 16. We do not target children with our services. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for any of our services or send any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us Personal Information please contact us.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
If you want to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office which oversees data protection law – www.ico.org.uk/concerns.
Last modification was made 24 May 2018.
You can request to view or delete you information here.